Andes & Galapagos Adventure 11 Days/10 Nights $6,310 pp
Day by Day
Welcome to Quito and Ecuador! At the airport you will be greeted by a member of our staff who will escort you all the way to your hotel, giving you a short briefing on Quito and the country in general with valuable information you need to know at first hand. Private Service with guide and driver, baggage handling of two pieces of luggage per person at hotel and at airport.
Hotel Casa Gangotena in Quito (luxury room)
Quito’s colonial quarter, the largest and best preserved of South America, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. We will stroll at the Independence Plaza, flanked by the Cathedral, the Presidential Palace, the Municipal Building and the Archbishop’s Palace. We will visit the temple of *La Compañia de Jesús and its awesome gilded interior. We will continue on to the Monastery of San Francisco, one the of great religious buildings of the New World; its impressive façade and atrium that lead to its Baroque interior influenced by Moorish style, with the winged Virgin of Quito at its main altar. The tour ends at a lookout point with a great view of Quito.
Hotel Casa Gangotena in Quito (luxury room)
Day 3 to 6
A four-day immersion in the Andean World, from Quito, along the Avenue of the Volcanoes, to Cuenca, through the spectacular scenery of the Andes, with visits to centenary Haciendas, fertile fields of vegetables and roses, in close contact with the local culture. This is a journey along the history, the spirituality, the flavours, the customs, traditions and legends of the Andean Region. Great food, great scenery, great experiences.
Transfer in Guayaquil.
Hotel Wyndham in Guayaquil (deluxe room)
Transfer out Quito to take your Galapagos flight
Day 7 to 11
Yacht La Pinta, Twin/Double Cabin.
We’re delighted to have you on board for this journey of discovery to some of the most beautiful islands in the Galapagos. Our itinerary together begins on Santa Cruz Island, the most populous of the archipelago, where we meet giant tortoises in the wild and then venture to the shores of Eden Islet. From there, we hop over to the lovely crescent bay of Chinese Hat. On Wednesday, one of the iconic sites of the archipelago awaits: Bartolomé Island, with its wooden walkway up to a panoramic viewpoint, golden sandy beach and great snorkelling opportunities. Close-by, Sullivan Bay gives us a great introduction to the volcanic origins of the islands. We end with an exciting visit to the sunken caldera of Genovesa, far up in the northeast of the archipelago, a privileged place to visit amid thousands of marine birds. The entire crew aboard La Pinta will do our utmost to ensure your Galapagos experience is truly deeply moving and memorable.
- Quito airport is located about one and half hours from Quito depending on traffic conditions, please make sure you do not leave anything behind.
- Hotel Casa Gangotena in Quito for two nights: Casa Gangotena occupies a pivotal place in Quito’s historic heart, at the corner of Plaza San Francisco. Its history stretches back to the time of the Incas. According to the early Spanish chroniclers, in the 15th century, the square featured Inca temples, one of them on the site of the present house. Due to the importance of the Plaza San Francisco in the following centuries, various wealthy families built their homes around it, among them Casa Gangotena.
- Hotel Wyndham Guayaquil: Situated just steps from the historic Santa Ana Hill and its famous lighthouse, as well as mere minutes to the impressive Malecón 2000 and José Joaquín de Olmedo International Airport, the Wyndham Guayaquil hotel is ideal for business and leisure travellers too. Boasting easy access to all of Guayaquil’s many delights and a host of thoughtful amenities, guests at this non-smoking hotel in Guayaquil will also enjoy easy access to Las Peñas neighbourhood, the World Trade Center Guayaquil and the Simón Bolívar Convention Centre.
Price, Included and Not Included
Package price: $ 6,310 pp
- Transfers in/out Quito. Buffet Breakfast at Hotel Casa Gangotena in Quito, and Hotel Wyndham Guayaquil
- Spirit of the Andes Program: Private guide and driver,all entrances fees, 3nights accommodations and all meals
- La Pinta Yacht: Accommodations, all meals, soft drinks*, island sightseeing, naturalist guides and lecture services in English/Spanish only, wet suit rental ,snorkeling gear, internet*, luggage handling, medical care on board (but not the cost of medication), taxes and transfers in the islands.
- Shared transfers from main hotels in Quito (Casa Gangotena, Hilton Colon, Sheraton, Marriott, Dann Carlton) and in Guayaquil (Hilton Colon, Oro Verde, Sheraton, Wyndham) to airport for flights to / from Galapagos are included in these rates. To coordinate these transfers we must have guest’s hotel contact.
- Air Ticket Quito-Galapagos-Quito
- Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee*
- Migration Control Card*
- Fuel surcharge
- Alcoholic beverages**, gratuities, gifts, laundry or valet services and additional items.
* At your request, we can include the Galapagos National Park entrance fee of US$100 and migration control card fee of US$20 (subject to change). However, please note that, due to administrative and operational reasons, these fees can only be included when guests travel on the operation departure date. This service does not apply for guests who travel before a departure date (even if the departure is with us).
** Please note, we charge guests who wish to bring bottles of wine and/or spirits aboard our vessels a corkage fee of $27+taxes.
– Accommodation in double/twin room
– Price per person based on twin/double standard occupancy
– Hotels subject to availability (or similar standard)
– $ 500 pp nonrefundable deposit
– Not applicable with other promotions
– Restrictions apply
– You can combine this program with any of our Galapagos cruises’ itineraries. Our travel experts will customize your request and quote based on your needs.
– Exclusively for direct customers
– For travel agencies or tour operator rates, please contact us