: We firmly believe in treading lightly in the pristine environment of the Galápagos Islands and have pioneered various social responsibility projects in the archipelago since the 1960s.
We created the Fundación Galápagos-Ecuador in 1998 – see www.fundacionGalápagos.org. The Foundation has achieved great results over the years, and effectively applies the philosophies of global sustainable tourism criteria. Its programs focus on the following areas:
- Coastal clean-up operations with local fishermen and local volunteers.
- Solid-waste recycling initiatives
- Educational programmes with local schoolchildren.
- Support for the RELUSAN initiative, which sends burnt oil and used oil filters to the Ecuadorian mainland for appropriate disposal.
- Working closely on joint initiatives with the Galápagos National Park and local Municipal and Provincial governments.