Top five reasons why we, human beings, dream of visiting the Galapagos Islands; The five reasons why these islands have become a must-see destination on so many magazines, why they are today that once-in-a-lifetime cruise destination so many of us want to take advantage of “before we die”; why people get so excited when they finally book that four-day Galapagos tour; why, inevitably, these volcanic islands in the middle of nowhere, once-upon-a-time considered the epitome of earthly wastelands, the haunt of pirates, the Enchanted Isles (“enchanted” not in the good way), today are revered as a wonderland, a paradise, the idyllic vacation… Here are those reasons:
Galapagos travel and tours top five reasons:
5) To be able to dress up like Darwin and take a picture with a tortoise at the Charles Darwin Research Station.
Yes, and maybe age the photograph a lot, burn the sides, take it out on that special blind date and brag about the fact grandpa (more like, great-great-grandpa?) was the scientist himself!
4) To be able to wear a “I swam with sharks” badge.
There is probably nowhere else on earth where you could travel to, swim with sharks, and live to tell the story! If you ever see a badge or t-shirt like this, think Galapagos cruise!
3) To lie on a deliciously paradisiacal sunny beach and revel in the past, present and future of your life on Earth… to the sound of a snoring sea lion!
He may even bark when you sigh and say: “Oh, isn’t this just marvelous!”
2) To stand at that very point on Earth which centuries ago would have disproved that crazy notion that you’d fall off into space if you were to go too far west…
If any conspiracy theorists ever come out saying that the world actually “isn’t round as they try to make us think”, I’ll tell them I’ve been to the Galapagos Islands, the very end of the world as we know it (and its “beginning” as well), and no one ever fell off!
1) To finally find the answer to the mystery: why the Blue-footed Booby’s feet are blue!
Yes, everyone will keep the secret from you, even if they’re the most trustworthy of people you know, and they’ve been to the Galapagos and back, they’ll still shy away from the question, they’ll pretend no one told them why. But they know. We, those of us who have already been on a Galapagos adventure, know. But can’t tell! It’s to big a secret to tell. So get yourself on a Galapagos cruise and finally find out why those feet are so blue!